I am definitely a list maker, so this feature is *write* up my alley! (ha ha)
List topic this week is:
Top Ten Most Inspirational Characters
(In no particular order...)
1. Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Although she does have certain gifts, this girl has got major chutzpah - crossing a deadly mountain pass in a blinding blizzard while carrying supplies AND a child and not to mention being inadequately fed or dressed?? Wow...Katsa is my new hero.
2. Alanna from the Song of the Lioness quarter by Tamora Pierce
The original Girl with Guts...she sets out to be a knight, and proves that she's better at the job than most men.
3. Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride by William Goldman
While I'm not sure that revenge is the greatest motivator here, you have to admire the fact that he dedicated his whole life to righting a wrong.
4. Lyra from the Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman
Another dauntless heroine...she never hesitates in the face of danger, especialy when defending her friends.
5. Jacky Faber from the Bloody Jack Series by L.A. Meyer
I've never met a more likable character in fiction...Jacky is just so much fun and she has a great, carefree attitude toward life in general.
6. Stargirl from Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
Stargirl is the person we all want to be...completely free and uninhibited by society or anything else that might hold us down.
7. Sayuri from Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
She does her best to overcome a difficult life and a sucky childhood, rather than just give up and retreat into oblivion.